I'm not sure what 'made' me have to bake cookies last night... it could've been the bub I'm currently incubating... or the fact that a radio star has been forced to wear a Cookie Monster outfit to the snow this week... or the episode of Everyone Loves Raymond on TV last night that revolved around girls scouts selling cookies... the universe conspired and I HAD TO OBEY!
|Enjoy with a glass of cold milk :)|
Makes 40 small or 20 large cookies.
125g butter, room temperature
1c brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
2 c plain flour
100g chocolate, chopped
3/4 c coconut or chopped nuts or rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Using a cake mixer or handheld beaters, beat the butter and brown sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well. You want the mix to come together but don't over mix the dough.
- For smaller, flatter cookies, roll out teaspoons of the dough onto a cookie sheet or flat tray, leaving a little room for spreading.
- For larger, cake like cookies, roll out tablespoons of the dough onto a cookie sheet or flat tray, leaving a little room for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Cookies firm up as they cool, so don't worry if they feel softer then you like.
- Using an egg flip, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tip: for a crisper cookie, flatten the dough ball out a little before you bake.