Now that I have your attention, let's bake! You can get this on the table in 15 minutes, it's that easy!
Ingredients for 2 serves
50g quality chocolate - dark is preferred, around 70% is my favourite.
50g plain flour
2 small eggs
Dash of vanilla
Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Grease 2 small ramekins or teacups and dust with cocoa powder. Tap out excess powder.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together. I use a microwave safe bowl, in 20 second bursts. Don't over heat.
- Mix in the salt, vanilla and sugar.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl to combine.
- Mix the flour and eggs into the melted chocolate. It should be smooth, thick and glossy.
- Pour half the mixture into each ramekin and place the ramekins onto a plate - this makes it easier to get them in and out of the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes. You really need to adjust the time for your oven, 1 minute too long and it won't ooze. The cakes are done when the edge is cooked but the centre still wobbles.
- Use a butter knife to loosen the edges and invert on a serving plate.
- Dust with icing sugar and don't forget the ice cream!