live life, celebrate food, share both with those you love

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Breakfast, a go go!

Oh happy days! Today I share with you, my latest 'breakfast on the go' creation and I'm a little bit in love!

It takes about 2 minutes to make and you can easily make for one, or two, or more. Make 5 and you'll have a week's worth in your fridge ready to go!

As you can see in the pic, I've started mine as I wait for my morning train to work... and the suns finally out - happy dance!



Night before instructions:
- Grab a suitable jar or container with a lid, I use a glass mason jar
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of regular oats or quinoa flakes if you prefer
- Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and mix
- Pour in enough milk to cover (regular, almond, soy, etc) and stir really well so the chia doesn't clump. The mix should be milky and wet, the oats and chia will soak up the liquid as it sits.
- Cover and store in the fridge until needed, up to 5 days.

To serve:
- remove you lid and check the mix. If it looks to dry add another splash of milk and mix to loosen.
- add your toppings and ENJOY! Or pop the lid back on and race out the door.

Topping ideas:
- my favorite at the moment is homemade cashew butter, strawberry chia jam and coconut cream
- stewed apples, almonds and pepitas
- coconut cream, dried cranberries and cocoa nibs
- granola and coyo

What's your favorite? Share in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment